Actiwork was approached by the team at Liddell coal mine to design and quote a fitout for their new infrastructure which was a new store building and their new mobile maintenance workshop.
Actiwork was able to manufacture and deliver their entire fitout with full mine-spec quality storage and materials handling gear. The flexibility of the team meant the PO was extended to include the delivery of a new store’s office and storage mezzanine, a testament to the aftersales care that was experienced.
The scope included:
- Full Drawer systems for small and medium parts, equipped with dust flaps for protection.
- Shelving units and Longspan racking for storage of overflow stock and large parts.
- Fabrication and installation of the office building for staff, including the facilities inside
- Design and manufacture of a full mezzanine system, with parts storage above and below to suit the warehousing scheme Glencore was implementing.
- Custom heavy-duty mine-spec goods lift, to assist in parts stacking and dispatching.
- Provision of full crew locker system for all fitters and allowing for the efficient daily access of tooling and PPE.
- Specialist tool storage lockers to ensure tool security and longevity, designed to suit the exact tools and expansion plans the teams required.
- Full provision of rated welding benches and workbenches, along with materials handling units, custom made to suit each crews required tasks and duties.
- Custom design and fabrication of adjustable machine access systems, including chassis access to suit various CAT trucks, engine, air filter and tray access. Also included was Engine access to suit the sites D10 and D11 dozers.